Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, June 09, 2017

April's Featured Book - King Duology


NOTE: 
This book is NOT a young adult book, this a dark NEW ADULT contemporary romance.  

Back in April (and in fact for quite a few months now) my reading material has ventured into the sub-category know as new adult. Which basically means that it has scenes and language 'not suitable for young readers' and this months featured book falls into that category and has sexual scenes and strong language. 

Now that I have warned you all let me get into more about the King duology.

King (#1) by T.M. Frazier

Synopsis from Goodreads

Homeless. Hungry. Desperate.
Doe has no memories of who she is or where she comes from.

A notorious career criminal just released from prison, King is someone you don’t want to cross unless you’re prepared to pay him back in blood, sweat, pu$$y or a combination of all three.

King’s future hangs in the balance. Doe’s is written in her past. When they come crashing together, they will have to learn that sometimes in order to hold on, you have to first let go.

 


Mini- Review
(4.5 Stars)

This book blew me away, I have a strange fascination with Jane Doe situation, where the main character doesn't know anything about their past, so when I stumbled across this book on Amazon I down loaded the sample and got hooked. This book is dark and gritty, sexy and romantic. Doe is a desperate but strong main character trying to make the best of the situations she find herself in while also being considerate and caring. While King is an amazing 'gray' character an fascinating mix of good and bad, which makes you question how you should feel about him. I loved watching her make friends in this dark underbelly she has found herself in. I loved the secondary characters introduced in this book, they are so well created and developed - Preppy is the best!! This book was an adventure from the first chapter and I would recommend to all who want a new adult dark romance.
 
 
***
 
Tyrant (#2) by T.M. Frazier
 
 
 
Shortened Synopsis from Goodreads
 
I. Remember. Everything.

Only now I wish I didn't.
 
Because with the truth comes dark secrets I was never meant to know.

Mini-Review
(4.9 Stars)

As you can tell from my above review I loved the first book, and oh my goodness this sequel was just as dark and twisted but was even better. I can't go into it too much without spoilers, but in this book Doe has got her memories back, and we follow her as she tries to work out how the woman she has become fit into life of the girl she once was. Gosh, this book was twist after turns, full of romance, heartbreak, friendship, family and loyalty and Kings all consuming desire to get his girl.
 
 
Add on Goodreads
Buy from Amazon