Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, January 06, 2017

Beat The Backlist - A Reading Challenge


2017 has started and I have decide that this year to join my first ever reading challenge! I desperately need to get thought my physical unread books which are sat in my room. These book have their own bookcase and after my December book haul I was hugely aware that I only have space for 3-5 new books! I am always temped into buying and reading new releases first, meaning that some of these books were bought literally years ago, and I am hoping that the Beat The Backlist reading challenge is going to help me battle though these books!  
 
The books here are what I am going to start with ,as my TBR list for this challenge (I will update with ratings when I read them), but I may add books along the way if I storming though these ones - one can always hope. If there is anyone who is also looking to reading these books this year and wanted to buddy read (not something I have ever done but am all up for trying it) then comment below or give me a message on twitter. Without further ado here are the books I hope to 'beat' this year, it's not a huge amount of books but the majority are ones which -for some unknown reason - I am struggling to motivate myself to read:

2016 Purchases

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
(5 Stars)
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
(4 Stars)
 
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
4 Stars (My Review)
The Rose Society by Marie Lu
(3 Stars)
The Midnight Star by Marie Lu

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

Bullet Catcher by Joaquin Lowe - DNF'd at 25%

Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch 

Inherited by Freedom Matthews

My Life Next Door by  Huntley Fitzpatrick

Books Purchased before 2016!
 
Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
(DNF'ed)
 
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence

Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff

Tempest by Julie Cross

Unremembered by Jessica Brody

Poison Heart by S.B. Hayes

Dangerous Girls by Abigail

Pantomime by Laura Lam