Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, January 20, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Dark Touch by Debbie Johnson

 
Synopsis From Goodreads

A modern tale of magic, love and destiny.
It's not easy finding out you're a Goddess.

For Lily McCain, the move from local music journalist to being the incarnation of Mabe, Mother of Mortals was a surprise to say the least.

Thrust into a game of gods and monsters, the rules of which she barely knows, one thing is clear: if you have power, someone will try to take it from you.



Published March 1st 2015 by Random House UK
Second Book in Duology (I think)
Source: Local Library
 

Review

3.5 Stars

I am often not a fan of reincarnation stories, but this one I enjoyed. Open think this was mainly because I didn't realize this wasn't the first book in the series, so I didn't see Lilly before she realized what she was.

The plot line of these book wasn't hugely amazing but there were several things about this book which made it so enjoyable:

1) The romance, the love/ hate (well less hate and more i-know-how-to-get-on-you-nerves-so-will-do-at-every-opportunity), along with a vampire staring wish fully at Lilly and causing havoc.

2)Although quite a lot of this book is set in America, you can really feel the "northern-ness" of the main character, it just oozes from her every thought, is was amazing!

3) As well as being a fun story this book also profoundly highlight/showcase some of societies social culture norms and flaws.

An enjoyable book a 3.5 star read for me and despite the fact that I came into the series part way through. I didn't feel as though I enjoyed the story any less (maybe I would have caught onto things slightly faster, and obviously have more details on some do the characters history's but it was easy to pick up the basis), as the author has done a great job of weaving the basic plot of the last book into the first chapter of this book.