Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Saturday's Sentence Game #1 - Film Books



This weeks Saturday's Sentence Game I have used book that have been turned into films:

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Maze Runner by James Dashner
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Page 10
She must have really loved him to leave home for the Seam.(Hunger Games) He scolded me for not giving my jump rope to a little girl on the playground who didn't have anything to play with. (Divergent) Maybe there was a glitch in my brain. (Twilight) Alby spread his arms out, palms up.(Maze Runner)
   "I'm a vampire hunter."(City of Bones)

Page 52
The train is speeding up. (Divergent) Only when the wind dropped and the curtains settled did Clary see that the cushions had been ripped from the sofa and scattered around the room. (City of Bones) I knew I wasn't crazy. (Twilight) The common term for them was mutations, or sometimes mutts for short. (Hunger Games) Thomas almost screamed in frustration, but he kept quite.(Maze Runner)

Page 98
Will, lying in a helpless heap? (Hunger Games)This made Thomas even more curious, though he was just fine going back to the subject of Runners.(Maze Runner)I shake my head. (Hunger Games) He scowled furiously silencing her. (City of Bones) As I pulled up next to their vehicles, I could see the group standing around in front of the Suburban. (Twilight)

Page 143
"That you can't believe a little girl from District Twelve has done this well." (Hunger Games) The breeze that brushed my cheeks earlier now presses against my side. (Divergent)
"He's alive," he said. (Maze Runner) There was a moment of astonishment silence before both Clary and Jace began speaking at once. (City of Bone) "Oh." (Twilight)

Page 211
"Oh yeah-you said you were friends with the Newton kid."(Twilight) Magnus sighed and at the touch of his breath, the fire letters sifted away to glowing ash. (City of Bones) Thomas didn't know what kind of answer he was searching for, but he was sure there had to be a clue or lesson to learn from what happened. (Maze Runner)  Where are the Gamemakers driving me? (Hunger Games)Excitement replaces the leaden feeling inside me. (Divergent)