Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Wattpad Wrap-Up #5

Our Girl is back on the BBC (any other fan's out there?) so I am loving watching the female solider kick butt, so I have recently been doing my best to find some good female led military stories. Meaning that 'military stories with female leads' is our loose theme for todays wrap-up:

 
Military Girlfriend by Midnight_Writer97
 

 
Synopsis From Wattpad
I didn't think you would mean this much to me. I was never suppose to fall so hard for you, but every time you smiled it would make my heart pound and butterflies to erupt in my stomach. I thought it was just a crush, but the more we talked the harder I fell.
 
Mini-Review
This isn't my normal book, this book was pure romance, a lovely romantic story with heart breaking and heart stopping moments. This story follows a young couple as they deal with Jay's military tour. The letter's exchanged during this time were just beautiful and tear jerking. This was a beautifully romantic story and I would give it 3.75 stars.   
 
So What, I'm A Seal by SouthernRose94
 
 
Synopsis From Wattpad
 Abriella "Ace" McKenna was a Navy Seal who lost her arm when she accidentally stepped between her team mate and a sniper. She gets her walking papers, so she decides to head home for a while. Then word comes that her team's been hit hard. Will they fall apart, or time friendship forged in times of war stay strong as steel?
 
Mini- Review
I have to say this book felt quite short but I loved reading about how a injured solider -in this case a SEAL- dealt with being discharged and joining 'normal' life again. The thing that made this story for me has to be the ending of this story so cleverly done (making this a 3 star read), and will leave you wanting to read the sequel, Seals, Don't Lie.
 
Luna? No sir I'm a Marine by NotJustAGirlWithWifi
 
 
Synopsis From Wattpad
 They say i'm the Beauty and he's the Beast, but my life is far from a fairy tale. I thought I had everything figured out, I thought I knew what was real and what was fantasy but this trip has been anything but normal.
-------
"You've dragged me to hell and back but I would do it again if I get to call you mine. We're anything but normal. A marine and a werewolf, not exactly a match made in heaven........or was it?"
 
Mini-Review
I loved this story it was (almost) everything I have been looking for in my recent story searching, the only thing I would have like more of was the interaction between Alex and her old Marine friends. I would have liked to know more about what they got up to on their tours. I loved Alex, she was feisty and strong and I loved that we got to see the 'military side' of her come out through her training sessions. I also enjoyed the use of songs through this book and I hope this something that continues.
 
I loved this book and am giving it 4 stars and I look forward to reading the next instalments in the next book Luna? Sir yes sir.