Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Sunshine Blogger Awards

The lovely Aisha over at Aisha Always Reads nominated me for the sunshine blogger award. Thank you Aisha (everyone should go check out her blog). So here are the rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
3) Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
 
 

Aisha's Questions

If you could trade places with a character in any book for one day, who would it be and why?
Well I guess that depends on if I were to get the characters abilities (AKA magic) because if that was the case then I can think of loads of characters I would be totally cool trading places with. If not then I need a really safe and nice world to live in ..... hum none of my books springing to mind!

Okay I am going to go with Shahrzad from the Wrath and the Dawn duology because I happen to like the guy that she ends up with and what he ends up owning isn't bad either and by the end of the duology everyone seems to done killing each other. Though not sure how I would cope living in a hot country after all I am very good at burning (not a skill I needed to have in life).



What is the first sentence in the book that you are currently reading?
It has to be one of the most unexciting first sentence but I am currently reading Changeless by Gail Carriger which starts with: "They are what?"
 
What is a book that you did not finish and why?

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I have tried to read this book twice now and I just couldn't get into it, so it has been added to my very small DNF pile. 

What is the scariest and or/ creepiest book you’ve ever read?
 I avoid scary books but the last one that I can think of (which wasn't that scary it was more suspenseful) is In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware.


If you were given the chance to help an author write a book, who would it be? It can be any author dead or alive.

I am not sure how much help I would be in writing a book, but it would be interesting to give Sarah J. Maas some plot ideas and see what she did with them. Other possible ones I have thought of are Ally Carter and Jay Kristoff.

How many books are in your TBR pile? If it’s a great amount, you can estimate :).

My physical TRB pile (that I own and are currently sitting in my room waiting for me) numbers 45 books. My e-book TBR is out of control one of my kindle's has about 20 unread while the other probably has 100+ (I went through a stage of buying any free book that took my fancy and I couldn't read them as fast as I was buying them so now thy just sit on my old kindle an I occasionally read one or two books!).

And lastly, my to-buy TBR list is uncountable and added to daily and will never have less than a hundred books on.  

What is the snack and/ or drink that you prefer while reading?

Because I read when ever I get a chance I end up eating a variety of things while read (although rest assured no books are ever harmed, if it is too messy I pop the book down for a few minutes). But I would have to say -at the moment at least- a cup of earl grey tea and bourbon creams.

Apart from reading, what is something else that you enjoy doing?

I love TV shows, binge watching them though, none of this week in-between episodes, I can't have that! My current show is Once Upon A Time (just finished season 2) and I need to buy season 3 for this show and also season 3 of Beauty and the Beast.

I often can't just sit and watch TV I have to keep by hands busy, so if I am not on my computer, blogging commenting and roaming social media, I try out different crafts from rug making, to cross stich and sewing.

Do you enjoy doing read-a-thons? If yes, what was the last read-thon you participated in? If no, why not?

I have never taken part in one! I think it is because I always find out about them after they have already started.
 
 
What is your favourite quote in your favourite book?

I have one major problem with this question, A favourite book! I could never pick just one (book or quote) so I am going to change the question to 'what is you most recently found favourite quote?', and that would be:

“To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys."
Rhys clinked his glass against mine. “To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.”
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
 
Which book totally led you to shed some tears? 
I don't read sad books so I generally don't cry at books, but The Riddle by Alison Croggon when I first read it many years ago did make me cry.
 
 

My Nominees

(Not as many as I am suppose to but, here they are)

My Question's For The Nominees

1) Goodreads (the website) was my first step into the online book community. How did you first discover Goodreads?
2) What is you favourite Disney film and why?
3) What is the blog (apart from your own) that you wish more people would read?
4) What book were you most disappointed by?
5) Do you have a favourite bookmark or do you take the stance of 'anything can be a bookmark'?
6) Have you ever recommend a book to someone and they didn't enjoy it? If so what book was it?
7) If you have unlimited space, money and time what kind of bookcase (colour, style, special features, size etc.) would you have and how would you order it?
8) Where is your favourite place to read?
9) Share one unpopular bookish opinion.
10) If you could go back in time what is the one tip you would give a younger you about starting a blog?

11) Which book(s) do you wish you could read again for the first time?