Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Show Me The Books #6 - Companion Novels


Show me the Books is a feature where I share with you some books within a theme, and then hopefully you, will tell me in the comments (or link to your own blog post) other books that you have heard of or have read within that theme.
 
The Theme this week is Companion novels. This theme is because I have been noticing recently an increase in Standalones with Companion novels  (see my full post on the subject here). Not all of these have companion novels at the moment but they are rumoured to have ones in the works:


1) Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers
Add on Goodreads

 
I read this debut book a few weeks ago and I did have some issues with the book (see my review here) the world was interesting and it would be good to read more about it. I heard that there is going to be companion novel from the author over on Goodreads.


2) Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
Add on Goodreads

I loved this book! A YA western with a female lead is all you need to know about this book. I did do a review for this book which you can see here if you need any more convincing. Now a companion novel for this book was unconfirmed for quite a while but I have noticed that the author has written this on goodreads so it looks like it is gonna happen! 


3) The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
Add on Goodreads

There has been so much love for this book so far, I have yet to buy it but from the snippets which I have read I think I am going to enjoy it. There has been a few people which didn't enjoy it see my review collection to see a spread of reviews.  Roshani Chokshi has said over on Goodreads that she is ' working on my second book, which will be a companion to The Star-Touched Queen. It will be in the same universe and follow minor characters from the first book'.


4) Dragonfly by Julia Golding
Add on Goodreads

This is the only one in this list where I have read both the original book and the companion novel. Dragonfly is one of the first fantasy books I re-read and has been almost continually re-read since and I was so excited when I heard that The Glass Swallow was going to be set in the same universe. Unfortunately, I wasn't overly impressed with the companion novel and this has made me hesitant to read companion novels.

5?) The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury  
Add on Goodreads

This is another book which i really enjoyed and I am hoping to have a review up for in the next few weeks so keep an eye out for that. Now I am not sure if this book should be on this list or not. There is a lot of talk about a companion novel over on Goodreads by the fans but i haven't found anything that confirms there is actually going to be one. If you know anything I would love to know about it!   

NOW IT'S OVER TO YOU 
 

Have you read any of these book's I've mentioned? What did you think of them?

What companion novels have you read or on your TBR?