Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, June 03, 2016

May Reading Wrap-up

May has been a strange reading month for me. I did quite a bit of re-reading this month, and I also checked out quite a few free kindle books as well. I did read some of my anticipated books this month both the new releases (ACOMAF) and ones that I have owned for a few month and just haven't read (Truthwitch and The Forbidden Wish).

 

Despite this I didn't read  a 5 star book this month! Okay A Court of Mist and Fury got 4.99 stars but there was a bit in the middle where I felt as though it was beginning the drag and at that point I was think it was only going to be a 4 star book, but the ending was a 5 Star ending. So I felt I couldn't give it 5 stars because of that moment in the middle but it is still a darn good book!

Anyway here is all the books I read in the last month, a total of 18 + 1 novella and I am about half way thought Endgame by James Frey at the moment.

 

Fantasy

 

The Rose and The Dagger (The Wrath and The Dawn #2) by
4.75 Stars
 
A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Re-read
4.9 Stars
 
A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR #2) by Sarah J. Maas
4.99 Stars
 
Truthwitch (Truthwitch #1) by Susan Dennard
4.25 Stars
(My Review)
 
Pippa of Lauramore (The Eldentimber #1) by Shari L. Tapscott


Warprize (#1) by Elizabeth Vaughan
Re-read
Add on Goodreads
4.5 Stars

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
Add on Goodreads
4.5 Stars
(Review coming soon)
 

 
 

 

Contemporary

 
Heller Series by JD Nixon
1) Heller
2) Heller's Revenge
3) Heller's Girlfriend
4) Heller's Punishment
 
Re-read
4 Stars
 
Blueglass State of Mind by Kathleen Brook
3.5 Stars
 

Historical Re-Tellings 


Scarlet (Scarlet #1) by A.C Gaughen
Re-read
4 Stars
 
Prince of Shadows by Rachel Cain
3.5 Stars
(Review Coming Soon)
 

Urban Fantasy 

 
Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires #5) by Chloe Neill
3.5 Stars

Winter Wolf by Rachel M. Raithby
Add on Goodreads
3.5 Stars

Alpha Initiation by Mac Flynn
Add on Goodreads
3 Stars

Resounding Truth by Kate Thomas
Novella
Add on Goodreads
3 Stars
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow you read so much in May! I've been in a bit of a reading slump so I haven't read much at all sadly. I'm glad you enjoyed ACOMAF! It's a shame it dragged a little for you in the middle but good that it redeemed itself by the end! I still need to read Truthwitch and I've heard a lot of good things about The Forbidden Wish. I hope you have another great reading month in June! :D

    -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't feel like I had read as much as I have, but I have mad more time this month as uni finished the first week and I haven't started my new job till this week so... lots of reading time!! I just decided it was time to read Trtuthwitch, I had been putting it for long enough and I just needed to read it, and I am glad I did! Hope you get out of your reading slump soon :D

      Delete
    2. The Forbidden Wish was an amazing read, I would recommend it (*looks longing at TBR*hopefully I will get a review done for it soon) I am also doing a review collection for it next Sunday (12th) if you wanted to see a range of views on it.

      Delete
  2. I haven't given 5 stars to any books so far this year. ;o Glad you enjoyed Truthwitch! I did, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally give a few 5 stars a month so it is unusual to read nothing in May that deserved one! I put off reading Truthwitch (because of the hype) for months, but I am glad I finally read it.

      Delete
  3. I have the same thoughts with ACoMaF and I'm at the point where I'm just not invested anymore, I actually am thinking about stopping to read it!! I may pick it up later but as of right now. ughhh It's just frustrating!

    Glad you liked The Forbidden Wish! That is one of my fave fantasy retelling reads right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ending made up for the lull in the middle for me. It just needed for it to be condense slightly more for me, 100 less pages and I think it would have been a 5 star read!

      Loved The Forbidden Wish such a lovely read (but as I am finding reviews for my review collection I am surprised that there are quite a few reviews that gave it less than 4 stars, but I guess different thing appeal to different people!)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed ACOMAF. It did dragged a little in the middle but to me. The ending redeemed itself! Great post :)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed ACOMAF. It did dragged a little in the middle but to me. The ending redeemed itself! Great post :)xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!