Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #5: Ten Books Every Teenage Spy/Criminal Should Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish
 

The first Five books are a few series of book which included the high school experience and undercover activity (either espionage or criminal groups), they will make you relook at people in your school (past or present) and wonder...!

1) Gallagher Girls  Series by Ally Carter

This was one of those series which in my younger teen I fell in love with, (I even managed to get my mum to read it!) and  I feel as though it is now a pretty well known series.

2) Cold Fury Trilogy by T.M.Geoglein

I when into this book looking for the Mafia and I found it. This series follows a teenage girl when her family is kidnapped and as she tries to find them she learns about the workings of the Mafia in her city. It wasn't a perfect series but you can read my review of the first book here.

3) Night School by C.J.Daugherty

I thought this book might involve vampire (in a time when I had sworn off vampire books) but don't let the cover put you off. It has nothing to do with the supernatural but everything to do with mysterious secret groups, high school drama and potentially international issues. See my thoughts on the whole series here.

4) The Squad by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Cheerleading spies, need I say more? If I do need to say more I have done so here.

5) Birthright by  Gabrielle Zevin

This was one of my favourite series for quite a while and it has the perfect mix of chocolate, high-school romance and mafia action. It's such an amazing series and I wish it was more popular (because a could see this been an amazing film.)


***

The next five books still follow teenager as they are involved in (or get caught up in) espionage and crime but aren't confined to the high school setting.
 

6) Heist Society Trilogy by Ally Carter

This is another Ally Carter book which this time follows a family of thieves. I really enjoyed the romance side of this novel and we really, really need another book in this series.

7) Blood for Blood Trilogy by Catherine Doyle

This is a recent find for me but I LOVED this series (so far) this book follows a teenage girl during a summer holiday as she begins to get to know this family of five brothers. See my thoughts here.

8) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Could I do a Top 10 with out putting in Throne of Glass? I guess not since Celaena is a teenage assassin!

9) Agent 21 by Chris Ryan

I read this book so long ago I barely remember anything about it, according to my goodreads page I gave it 4 stars so I must have enjoyed it. All I remember is that it follows a teenage boy who is suddenly recruited to become a undercover spy.

10) Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep

I have just finished reading this (review coming later this week) and I really enjoyed it. Jennifer Estep is an amazing author and this book follows a teenage thief, who gets involved with the Mafia-style Families that run the magic tourist town where she lives.