Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Review Collection #1 - Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers



Review Collection is another new feature that I thought I would try out to help people decide if they want to read the featured book (let me know if you found it useful). So, the idea is that I shall be choosing one book and then sharing a range of reviews, of this book from various blogs. Allowing you to get a feel for the different opinions surrounding that book.   

Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers


Add on Goodreads
Published: February 2nd 2016 by HarperTeen
ISBN13: 9780062363787
Series: Standalone with Companion Sequels 

Synopsis from Goodreads 

In the kingdom of Lovero, nine rival Families of assassins lawfully kill people for a price. As a highly skilled member of one of these powerful clans, seventeen-year-old Lea Saldana has always trusted in the strength of her Family. Until she awakens to find them murdered and her home in flames. The Da Vias, the Saldanas’ biggest enemy, must be responsible—and Lea should have seen it coming. But her secret relationship with the Da Vias’ son, Val, has clouded her otherwise killer instinct—and given the Da Vias more reason than ever to take her Family down. Racked with guilt and shattered over Val’s probable betrayal, Lea sets out to even the score, with her heart set on retaliation and only one thought clear in her mind: make the Da Vias pay.


COLLECTION OF REVIEWS 

5 Star Review by Anatea @ Anatea's Bookshelf

4 Star Review by Jessica @ Rabid Reads

4 Star Mini-Review by Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight

3 Star Review by Maryam @ Once Upon a Story

3 Star Review by Jillian @ Jillian's Books

C Rated Review by Jade @ Ink Scratchers

3 Star Mini-Review by Jen @ The Starry- Eyed Revue

3 Star Review by Rebecca @ Unbound Pages

1.5 Star Review by Alex @ Fiery Reads

 
 
 

 COLLECTING MY THOUGHTS

I, like so many of these readers have had my eye on this book since before it was released - I have a (probably unhealthy) love for books with Assassins in so this was obviously going to catch my eye. I always find it fascinating when there is such a wide range of opinions of a book, it makes me want to see where my own opinions lie.  
 
 These reviews seem to generally think this book was slow to start with but with nice world building and an interesting religion element. Most of the reviews are around the 3 star area with a few people hating it and a few people loving it. On Goodreads there have been over 900 rating with the average of 3.6 stars.
 
Although, there aren't too many glowing reviews for this book I am going to have to give it a try for myself, maybe I will be in the minority who LOVED this book? We shall see, keep tuned for a review at some point soon. 
 

COLLECTING YOUR THOUGHTS

As always I want to know what you thought - let me know in the comments:

 
Have you read this book? What did you think of it (feel free to just type or you can share link to a review)?
 
Was this review collection helpful?
 
Have these reviews made you want to read the book or made you hesitate to pick it up?