Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, June 17, 2016

On The Bookshelf Tag


Today I am going to do a book tag! I don't do these as often as I want to, so if you have any suggestions or tags you want me to do, let me know in the comments and I will try do more of them. Anyway, today tag is the bookshelf tag which I saw over on The Not So Secret Life of A Fan Girl, so lets get started:
 
1) Describe your bookshelf and where you got it from.
 
My bookcase is a cheap one from Argos *keeping it real over here* but I love them, my three main ones are all he same colour and I love the way I was able to fit it into the corner of my room. I do have a smaller separate book case which doesn't match but it is a different part of my room so my slightly OCD-ness can deal with it.  
 
2) How do you organise your books?
They are firstly order by read and unread (my unread ones live on my smaller 'unmatched' bookcase) and read ones are ordered by genre and the unread ones are ordered by the date a received them.
 
(THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS ARE ABOUT MY READ SHELVES ONLY)

3) What’s the longest book on your shelves?
Winter by Marissa Meyer
 
4) What’s the shortest book on your shelves?
The Shamer's Daughter by Lene Kaaberbol
 
5) Is there a book you received as a birthday gift?
Birthday? I don't think so, I got a Warterstones voucher but I got Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch for Christmas.
 
6) Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
Honestly no there isn't! The last book I read because of a friend was The Hunger Games back before the films came out! My friends (face-to-face friends anyway) don't really read the same books as me.
 
7) Most expensive book on your shelf?
I don't really buy really expensive books I think hardback's are expensive enough! My Throne of Glass hardback set is probably the most expensive book(s) on my shelf.
 
8) Last book you read on your shelf?
 That would be Briar Rose by Jana Oliver.
 
9) More than one copy of a book?
It has to be the Throne of Glass series I splashed out the other month and bought the Hardback edition's.
 
10) Any completed series on your shelf?
Loads.
 
11) Newest (most recently published) edition to your shelf?
My most resent published book would be Ruined by Amy Tintera but I have some others on pre-order  which should arrive soon.                                                                                                        
 
12) Oldest book on your shelf?
I have no clue what book I have on my shelf is the oldest without actually looking at every book, but I would guess that The Hobbit is the oldest other than my various bibles.
 
13) Most beat up book?
My copy of The Gift by Alison Croggon is a mess, pages began to fall out about a year ago and now even though I have sellotaped them back, in new ones keep falling out!!
 
14) Most pristine?
Quite a lot of my read books are what I would think as pristine, in the last few years I have begun to perfect the art of reading a paperback back without creasing the spine and hardbacks are so durable it is great. Also since I am an online student I often don't have to carry my books in a bag, therefore I can protecting them better.
 
15) A book from childhood?
I have so many books from my childhood, I remember my mum reading me the Rainbow Magic series and the Heartland series and then my dad reading me Harry Potter when I was younger. 
 
16) A book that doesn’t belong to you?
I currently own all the books on my bookcase, I am really due a library visit soon I haven't been in ages.
 
17) A book with a unique cover?
I think I am going to go with the Hardback edition of A Thousand Nights by E.K Johnson. I loved the design under the dust jacket and the way that this design worked with the dust jacket.
 
 
18) A book that is your favourite colour?
My favourite colour is blue which is quite a common colour for book covers and I did a post a few months back on my blue books so you can check that out here.
 
19) First book on your shelf you read?
I have a rubbish memory so it would be a toss up (from the book's I still own) between The Little White Horse, Inkheart, The Thief Lord and Ingo.

 
20) Any signed books?
I have never actually been to a book signing but a family member did go to one of my behalf, and get me a personalized copy of My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson.
 
21) A book that has been on your shelf forever that you haven’t read?
I think the oldest un-read books that I own are The Chronicles of Narnia (the kids really skinny editions) I have started the series several times but I don't think I have ever got passed book 4.
 
***
 

So there we have it 21 questions answered!!

 Now instead of me tagging anyone in particular I would love you to answer two of these questions down below in the comments, can't wait to read your answers.