Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Book Quotes #1 - January


I have always love quotes from books and when I am reading I always find quote which I like, either because they are funny, motivational, inspirational or just 'say something' to me. However before now I have never really done anything with these quotes, but now I thought it would be great to share these quotes with you, hopefully you will agree that they are meaningful quotes, not just random lines that you think are nonsense *fingers crossed*!! I am hoping to do monthly book quote posts so that that my quote lists don't get too long. So here is the quotes from the books I read in January.
 
 

1) "That's why literature is so fascinating it's always up for interpretation and could be a hundred different things to a hundred different people. It's never the same twice." - Page 203 from Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch  

 
Source: For Reading Addicts
I think that this is so true I can think of several examples where I have been shown this;
 
i) In my English lessons back in my Secondary School years, me and my teacher could be reading the exact same passage and he would always 'see' it in a different way to me.
 
ii) When you re-read a book, it's never the same that second time when you already know the world and the character's.
 
iii) When you watch a film adaptation of a book you have read and you realise you and the films director see [insert favourite character] completely different.
 
 

 
 

2) "...their lives have not been beaten them down, but helped them to grow into people who know how to survive. Those people are the deadliest of all." - Page 442 from Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch

 
Life makes us street wise and gives us the knowledge to live and live to the fullest.

 

3) "Masks are dangerous things' he says 'They make people feel anonymous, immune, they give people licence to act as they otherwise wouldn't dare." - Page 299 from See How They Run by Ally Carter   

 
Something that is unfortunately is too true on the internet, people hide behind a 'mask' and type things which they would never say to a persons face. :'(

 

4) Hard truths can be dealt with, triumphed over, but lies will destroy the soul." - Page 102 from Moon Called by Patricia Briggs    

 
Lies turn into more lies and a cycle begins, which can destroy relationships and crush peoples lives.
  
 

5) This life is complex that we rarely get to be the people we are truly meant to be. Instead, we wear masks and put up walls to keep from dealing with the fear of rejection, the feeling of regret, the very idea that someone may not love us for who we are deep in our core, that they might not understand the things that drive us. - Page 108 from Vendetta by Catherine Doyle 

 

 

6) "Sarcasm, I've found, makes terror more bearable" - Page 316 from Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

 
Sarcasm always helps you feel better ;) Although it can major issues if people don't realise your being sarcastic, it just gets a bit awkward! Ah!
 
 

7) " There is an old and very wise Native American saying: Every time you point a finger in scorn- there are three remaining fingers pointing right back at you." - Page 173 Fated by Alyson Noel  

I think this is a great saying, it just shows that we should never be too quick to judge others.
 
 

So there we have it- the quotes from January reads, please let know what you think of these quotes, have you read any of these books? Do you agree with any of these quotes?