Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, May 16, 2016

Book Quotes - The Wrath and The Dawn Duology Edition


Over the last few weeks I re-read The Wrath and The Dawn and read The Rose and The Dagger. This is a great duology and I would highly recommend it, I did a review for book one back when I read it the first time you can see it here. Both the book are beautifully written (with so many words of wisdom too)and I had quite a few favourite quotes from them so I thought I give them a post of their own instead of lumping them in with my normal monthly Book Quotes. So here we have them my favourite quotes from The Wrath and the Dawn duology enjoy:     
 
 
THE WRATH AND THE DAWN BY RENEE AHDIEH
 

"Love is a force unto itself, sayyidi. For love, people consider the unthinkable...and often achieve the impossible. I would not sneer at it's power."
-Page 77
 
"'You can't foresee the future. And there's nothing you can do about the past.'
'You're wrong. I can learn fro it ....'"
-Page 85
 
"you cannot control the actions of others. You can only control what you do with yourself afterward."
-Page 137
 
"I have learned above all is that no individual can reach the height of their potential without the love of others. We are not meant to be alone, Shahrzad. The more a person pushes others away, the clearer it becomes he is in need of love the most."
-Page 137
 
"Strong enough to take on the world with our bare hands, yet we permit ridiculous boys to make fools of us."
-Page 208
 
"A shared history does not entitle you to a future my friend."
-Page 295
 

 
 
THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER BY RENEE AHDIEH
 
"Because when we help one another, we are able to accomplish things faster."
-Page 4
 
"The darker the sky, the brighter the stars."
-Page 111
 
"Take help when it is offered, Khalid-jan. True strength isn't about sovereignty. It's about knowing when you need help and having the courage to accept it."
-Page 181
 
"'My promises  are not empty words." The caliph stopped a body's length away from him. "Though a promise means little without a measure of trust."
Tariq's jaw set. "The sheikh of this camp once told me trust is not something given; it is a thing earned."
-Page 269
 
"Love gave life to the lifeless. It was the greatest of all living powers."
-Page 291
 
 
Do you have a favourite quote from The Wrath and The Dawn duology?