Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, May 06, 2016

April Reading Wrap-up

April is over!! Whoop, whoop! May promises some great books plus end of my academic year is in a few weeks - what an amazing combination. At the moment I am plodding through essay/report writing and I am looking forward to a bit of a rest from that.

 

Anyway, reading this month has been a bit of an odd thing! All - bar one- of the books I read this month seemed to have hovered around the 4 Star mark, meaning they were great reads but they were still missing something *sigh* I don't know what it is but nothing I read this month WOW-ed me.

 

The only book I considered give 5 stars was The Wrath and The Dawn which I did give 5 stars when I originally read it. This time - although it was an amazing book still - I felt as though it took quite a while to get to bit that I remembered loving. I still love that ending(although so may unanswered questions and I need my copy of The Rose and Dagger to arrive - maybe postman is reading it?)  because I am still not quite sure who is planning on doing what, who know what, and can't wait to find out in book two.

 

Fantasy  

The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

Add on Goodreads
4.75 Star Re-read
 

The Winner's Trilogy by Marine Rutkoski:

Book 1 - The Winner's Curse
Add on Goodreads
 3.75 Stars
 
Book 2 - The Winner's Crime
 4.5 Stars
 
Book 3 - The Winner's Kiss
3.75 Stars

Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers

3.25 Stars
 
 

Urban Fantasy

 

The Blood Destiny Series by Helen Harper:

Book 2 - Bloodmagic
Book 3 - Bloodrage
Book 4 - Bloodlust
Book 5 - Bloodpolitics
4 Stars
 

The Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1) by Jennifer Estep

4 Stars

 

Chicagoland Vampires Series by Chloe Neill:

Book 1 - Some Girls Bite
4 Stars
My Review is coming next week  
 
Book 2 - Friday Night Bites
4 Stars
My review is coming next week
 
Book 3 - Twice Bitten
4 Stars
Add on Goodreads

Book 4 -  Hard Bitten
4 Stars
Add on Goodreads

 

Historical Fiction

Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye

4.5 Stars
 
***

How was your reading month?

Have you read any of the same books as me this month?