Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, July 31, 2015

My Book Quotes (Humour/Sarcasm)

Humorous and sarcastic quotes were harder that I thought they would be to find. I have done my best from the books I have read, I have also tried to express my thoughts about the different quotes. I will link the Goodreads page for the book that the quote is taken from, if you want to check out more about that book. 

"I'm not going to wear a red dress" she said.
"It would look stunning, my lady" she called...
If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face."
Graceling by Kristin Cashore  

The reason this quote stuck in my mind as I read this was that it shows Katsa's sassiness, as well as her ability to kick-butt as I could totally see her hitting someone in the face, she is fearless.

"Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages
and capable of killing a man in seven different ways
with her bare hands,
she has no idea what to do when she meets a ordinary boy
who thinks she's a ordinary girl."
 
by Ally Carter
 
I like that although Cammie in this series of books has all the head knowledge she could want, this quote shows that something's in life just aren't taught. Also it also just a great quote when taken out of context.
 
"Greater love hath no man, than he will dress up
as a nerd for his lady."
 
To Mary a Prince by Sophie Page
 
Although this quote is said sarcastically I know of people who cringe at the idea of dressing as a nerd, which makes me giggle because so many nerds are just the normal people. 
 
 
"Number of empty Ben&Jerry ice cream containers:
 3 -- two mint chocolate cookie, one plain vanilla.
(Who buys plain vanilla ice cream from Ben & Jerry's, anyway?
Is there a greater waste?)”  
 
by Ally Carter
 
When I read this I was like 'that is so true' why would you buy vanilla ice cream from Ben & Jerry? It just doesn't made sense! Books by Ally Carter's; although they have a lot of action and adventure in them they, often have these kind of one liners which give parts of the books a light hearted feel.