Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, July 08, 2016

Series Review : My Pack by Lane Whitt


I stumbled across the first book in this series completely my accident while I was looking through the 'Recommended For You' books on my kindle. Originally I was put off my the covers, I have read hundreds of teen urban fantasy books with the same storyline with this kind of cover so I dismissed it. However recently I read - and enjoyed - Broken Trouble by Kristan Billups which is a reverse harem book. I had no idea what reverse harem meant but it was explained to me as one girl with multiple love interests. All my books -for like ever- have always been one love interest or love triangles so I thought it would make a nice change so I gave Broken Trouble a try. Once I had bought Broken Trouble amazon yet again through Finding My Pack at me, and I read the synopsis which tells us it is also a reverse harem book, so I thought after enjoying the first reverse harem book I would give this one a try.

 

Finding My Pack (My Pack #1) by Lane Whitt

 
 

What is this book about?

Kitten grew up in the streets after being abandoned by her mother as a baby. She learnt how to survive and now lives by her own rules. Everything changes one night when Kitten thinks she can no longer keep going, she stumbles across a group of men who take her in and care for her, showing her more kindness than she has ever known. What will happen when she finds out the secrets they keep? They may be more connected than they all thought when secrets about Kitten begin to surface as well.
 

My Thoughts

As you can see I gave this book a 4.5 out of 5 star rating, I loved the way that this book was written and I have fallen in love with all the different characters.I loved Kitten (yes that is what the main character is called, there is a whole story about how that comes about.) as a character, she is a suspicious person (partiality at the start when she is surrounded by strangers)  as a result of her childhood. However, when she needs to be she is forceful and opinionated, a person who you really don't want to have a argument with. She also has a unique prospective on the culture where she lives, as she has never been a part of the 'norms' of the society only ever an observer. 

The other characters in this book - the eight guys who take her in - were all unique in their own way it did take me a while to work out their personalities. None of them were background characters in any way and they all had their own parts to play.

It was nice to read the development of the relationships between Kitten and the guys, but also to read the interactions between the different guys and how there range of personalities bounced, counteracted and complemented each others.

Over all this was an great first book in which we get to see the breaking down of barriers, and the development of relationships between one young forgotten woman and eight guys, who carry their own secrets.
 

Favourite Quotes  

"How come the nightmares get etched into my brain forever yet the dreams never last?"
 
***
"Without pain there is no pleasure, without sadness there is no happiness, without knowing what it is like to go without you cannot appreciate when you have enough."
 
***
"Sometimes people can't see past today, they can't see the choices they make now will affect the future."
 

Keeping My Pack (My Pack #2) by Lane Whitt

 
Buy From: Amazon (UK) || Amazon (US)
 

What is this books about?

This book follows on from book one's cliff hanger where tensions are high and spirits are low. Join Kitten and the guys on their journey, where they will all figure out what family really means, together. With the Ivaskov Pack watching their every move, and too many new faces to be able to tell who is friend and foe, life for Remy and his ragtag bunch of changed wolves is about to get more complicated. ('Mature' Young Adult/ New Adult book)
 

My Thoughts

After the massive cliff hanger of the last book I had to dive straight into this book, and it didn't disappoint. We get to learn more about the secrets learnt in the last book, we get to mean a selection of  new characters, and the heat is turned up on Kitten's relationship with the guys. This book is wonderful in showing the two sides of Kitten's personality, the kind, caring and sensitive side as well as the strong willed and determined side. We are left on yet another cliff hanger in this book and I highly anticipate book three - although I haven't actually see any mention that there is going to be one, but there has to be!