Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Reflections on 2016's Summer Reads

I started back at university this week so, Summer is over! I worked over Summer so I don't think my reading habits will change that much with studying again, but we shall see. However it does give me the chance to reflect on the books I have read in the last three months, (you can see all the book I read in these months in my monthly reading wrap-ups).
 
 I would love to know what your favourite Summer reads were this year.
 
 
New Releases, New Favourites
 
 
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
 
A Torch Against The Night (An Ember In The Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir
 
 
Old Favourites Rediscovered  
 
 
Poker Face (#1) by Jess Sturman Coombs
 
The Puppet Master (Poker Face #2) by Jess Sturman Coombs
 
Ammey McKeaf by Jane Shoup
 
 
No Expectations, Nicely Surprised
 
 
Angelbound (#1) by Christina Bauer
 
ASH (Hive #1) by Jaymin Eve and Leia Stone
 
 
Newly Discovered Romantic Situation
(reverse harem)
 

Finding My Pack (My Pack #1) by Lane Whitt
 
Keeping My Pack (My Pack #2) by Lane Whitt
 
Broken Trouble (Broken Storm #1) by Kristan Billups
 
 
Noticeable Trends
 
1) I read a lot of my books this summer on kindle, now I wish I could say this was intentional because it was easy to carry my kindle while I travelled. But the furthest I travelled this summer was work, so I have no idea why this happened.
 
2) A lot of my books were within the urban fantasy/ paranormal sub genre. I have always considered this genre as my quick fix (almost guilty pleasure) genre that I turn to when I just want to read a quick fun story. So I am wondering if this has been my version of 'Summer reads' since I am not a contemporary romance reader very often?