Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday's Sentence Game #3 - Retellings


I have say that I haven't quite stuck to the 'rules' this week and for one or two of these and the second sentence on the page as the first sentence was kind of a spoiler.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J.Maas
Scarlet by A.C.Gaughen
Cinder by Marissa Meryer
Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey
The Wrath &The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh



Page 22
The netscreen above the heatless flame was showing footage from the market. (Cinder)
"Sorry you didn't get back to Bess," I said. (Scarlet)
The emir nodded. (The Wrath & The Dawn) As always I headed for the ancient plum tree. (Wild Orchid) Spices, salt, sugar - rare commodities for most of our village, impossible for us to afford. (A Court of Thorns and Roses)

Page 57
I don't care. (The Wrath & The Dawn) She huffed a laugh. (A Court of Thorns and Roses) She wasn't sick. (Cinder) We kept digging through [his] belongings, and the only thought that cheered me up were [his] mug when he found out. (Scarlet)
"This was a lot easier when I could wear clothes like a boy's," I said. (Wild Orchid)


Page 64
She was talking to herself, but the words stung. (Cinder) And faeries couldn't lie. (A Court of Thorns and Roses) It should never matter. (The Wrath &The Dawn)
"But she usually did this when I was upset about something, so I thought she was just trying to comfort."(Wild Orchid)
"Let's get inside." (Scarlet)

Page 128
 You're coming up with all the plans from now on, you know. (Scarlet)"I've been in one tent or another poring over maps and arguing with my brothers since early this morning."(Wild Orchid)
"Ask your questions, human, and then free me." (A Court of Thorns and Roses)
"I'll comm you." (Cinder) And it was not the tea , as [she] had first suspected.(The Wrath & The Dawn)

Page 140
The ones who are born age quite a bit slower. (A Court of Thorns and Roses)
How could she know? (Cinder)
The Desert sun bore down on Tariq with the heat of a brazen fire. (The Wrath & The Dawn) I pulled my head away, flushed and not sure what to do, or say, or think. (Scarlet)
"It's not only your shooting of course," Li Po went on. (Wild Orchid)