Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, July 27, 2015

My Book Quotes (Bookish Edition)

I was looking though my favourite quotes and notices that quite a lot of them were book related. Therefore I thought I would collect them together and share them.

I would love for you to comment down below if you agree/disagree with any of these quotes. (Click of the name of the book for the Goodreads page)


"For a moment I was distracted. Books always did that to me."
Starcrossed by Elizabeth C. Bruce  

I have to admit that this is sometime all to true for me. If I am at a friend house and they have popped out the room for a minute, they will often come back to find me sat on the floor looking at their bookcases.

"It was amazing how many books one could fit into a room
assuming one didn't want to move around to much.
 
The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson
 
I think this applies to all major book lovers who want to try and contain their books to one room.  
 
 
"Books are my friends, my companions.
They make me laugh, and cry and
find the meaning of life."
 
Eragon by Christopher Paolini.
 
Ever read a book? Well you know what this quote is talking about then, although I have to say that a book has to be really good to make me physically laugh or cry.
 
 
"The relationship of a girl and her favourite novel can be complex."
 
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer  
 
I have to agree with this quote as, I think someone's favourite book can tell you a lot about that person. Maybe even something for their character, belief and dreams?
 
"I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters.
I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history."
 
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
 
This quote I think applies to anyone who has ever tried to hide from the world in a book, to escape to a place far from whatever you are going through in the real world.
 
 
 
 
This quote is from one of my favourite books Throne of Glass -which is reason enough to love this quote but it also - expresses one of my beliefs that knowledge is power.