Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, February 05, 2017

The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag

It has been months since I have done a book tag and I saw this one over on DreamlandBookBlog. This tag was created by Book Syrup on Youtube, and you can find the original video here.
 
1. Best colour combo on a book cover 
2. Best typography/font on a book cover
 
I am going combine 1 and 2 in the beautiful cover which is Passenger's by Alexandra Bracken. I love the blue colour scale and that swirling, flowing shinny sliver title, it is just a beautiful combination.  
 
 
 
3. Best simple cover

I love both of the cover for This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab, but it is the 'hidden' (or at least not blindingly obvious) black rose which makes me love this edition.

 
 
4. Best endpages

It was surprisingly hard to find any books which had nice endpages! So I had to settle for the simple yet dramatic endpages of Nevernight for number 4.  
 
 
5. Best map
 
I think it is the colour of the map in The Kiss of Deception, as well as the fact it is print on the inside cover, which makes this particular map so attractive.

 

6. Best naked hardback
 
In a Dark, Dark Wood has be my answer here. I bought this copy of the book purely because of this gorgeous naked hardback design, I mean look at it:  
 
 
 
 
7. Best back cover
 
I think this is a bit of an odd question but - after looking through quite a number of boring back covers- I have settled on the third book in the Blood for Blood Saga by Catherine Doyle. I think what I like about all the books in this series is that the cover flows really nicely from the front to the back, and I particularly like this one as I love the contrasts between the rich royal purple and the gold mask.

 
8. Best chapter headers
9. Best illustrations

 
I am once again going to combine answers. I knew that finding a best illustration was going to be hard, I haven't read a book with illustrations in years, but I managed to dig up an old fav - in the form of InkDeath- which has some cute black and white illustrations. What I didn't expect was the lack of designed chapter headings! I found a few which a shaded top of the page and small symbols, but nothing really fancy, so I will have to go for InkDeaths chapter headers too.   
 
 
 
10. Best spine

Hope and Red is mu choice for best spine, it's not that is a particularly unique design, it is more the colour I love the way that the vibrant read sticks out on my shelves. 
 
 
11. Favourite cover on your shelves

No picture could ever show you the beautifulness of this book. I bought A Thousand Nights by E.K Johnston purely because of the pictures of the beautiful hardback that I had seen on bookstagram. I have - no matter how much I wanted to -never managed to make this book look good in photo's, so please don't judge this book from this picture, if possible go to your local bookshop and have a look at it yourself, or have a search around online because there are some picture out their that make this book look almost as a good as in real life.  


That's all for today hope you have enjoyed this beautiful post and I would love to know your most Aesthetically Pleasing book.