Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #2: Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
So this weeks Top 10 is around books and music and I decided to share some of the song/book pairings I have put together. Matching songs and books is something I do all the time when I read - I will be listening to music and imagine how that relates to the situations of the characters in my current read- but I have not really written them down before so here we go (in no particular order):
 

1) Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas = 'See You Again by Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth'

I think this song describes Aelin's and Aedion's relationship how they miss each other so much.
 
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
(Source: azlyrics)
 

2) Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton = 'Renegade Runaway by Carrie Underwood'

I think this song could have totally have been written about the main character Amani.
 
"She's an outlaw, a quick draw
She'll take it all, so don't you fall
For that renegade
...
 If I were you, I'd place my bet
That she's ridin' off out into the sunset
With her long hair flyin' 'cross the desert dirt
Let me tell you, boy, you're never gonna catch her"
(Source: azlyrics)
 

3) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare =  'Heart Wants What It Wants' by Selena Gomez

I think this describes Jace and Clary's relationship at the end of City of Bones.
 
"You might be right but I don't care
There's a million reasons why I should give you up
But the heart wants what it wants"
(Source: directlyrics)
 

4) The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh = 'Something That We're Not' by Demi Lovato

This is how I hope Shahrzad sees her relationship with Tariq.
 
"This isn't love boy, this ain't even close
But you always think we're something that we're not
...
You wanna be more than just friends
I can't go through this again
Stop trying to get inside my head"
(Source: directlyrics)
 

5)Inferno (Blood by Blood #2) by Catherine Doyle = 'Wonder' by Megan McCauley

Admittedly some of this song doesn't apply to this book but there is some of the lyrics which fit really well with parts of this book.
 
 "I try to find the truth between all the lies
When Bleeding is feeling and feeling ain't real
Will I see you when I open my eyes?
Will I see you when I open my eyes?
When Breathing's a burden we all have to bear
And trust is one thing we're taught never to share
Somehow you just seem to shine
When loving means breaking and saying goodbye"
(Source: azlyrics)

 

6) Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J.Maas = 'Trouble' by Iggy Azalea featuring Jennifer Hudson

Describing a certain fey Prince ...
 
"I shoulda known you were bad news
From the bad boy demeanour and the tattoos
...
Opposites attract, I guess this it that
...
Cause you don't wanna lose your ride to the next guy
And baby trouble only makes for a good time
So all the normal red flags be a good sign
...
Got a hold on me, that's without a doubt
So clear now that he's a trouble starter
But I ain't a saint neither and these ain't no still waters, hmm"
(Source: azlyrics)
 

7) Graceling by Kristen Cashore = 'I Dare you' by Bea Miller

I think this is the kind of 'power' song that goes well with the point in the story where she stands up to her cruel uncle.
 
 "I can remember a time when I was so afraid
When even my shadow wouldn't follow me
So ... I'm picking up my sword
To shatter all the pieces that I was before
 ...
So put me in a cage
Lock me in a room
Throw away the key
I dare you
I'll break down the walls
 ...
And I won't let you tear me down, no"
(Source: azlyrics)
 

8) Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard = 'Fight Song' by Rachel Platten

Another 'power' song which I think describes Mare's push to keep going.
 
"Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

 Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep"
 

So only managed to think of 8 at the moment, I am sure that more will come to mind as I continue to read more of my TBR. Let me know if you agree with any of my matches and tell me in the comments (or leave a link) if you can think of any other song which 'go' with these books!