Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #1 - Popular Authors I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

 
 
So I am not the best blogger at keeping up with Top Ten Tuesday post (not by a LONG way) and to be totally honest with you I am not always to the mood for the weeks 'topic' so this week I decided instead of not doing a top ten I had a look through the past TTT 'topics' and I decided I would do:

 Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

(Broke and Bookish Original Post)
*in no particular order.
 
1) John Green (Author of - Paper Towns, Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars):
Yes the author that has had so many 'non-reader' teens pick up a book and read it! I just have never had an interest in any of his books (not my favourite genre) I have considered watching the film adaptions of his books but I haven't gotten around to watching them either!
 
2) Susan Dennard (Author of - Something Strange and Deadly trilogy and Truthwitch):
I have to admit that I had never hear of Susan Dennard until last year when the big twitter chats about Truthwitch took over the booking community. I really want (maybe leaning more on the side of need but...hey!) to read Truthwitch but I just haven't got around to buying it yet.
 
3) Rainbow Rowell (Author of - Fangirl, Landline, Carry On, Attachments and Eleanor & Park) 
I have almost bought a few of her book but I have always but them back on the shelve in my local bookshop and thought I will buy them next time, but next time there is always some other book I get instead. So many people on booktube seem to have loved Fangirl and Carry On and read Landline and Eleanor & Park, but I have yet to buy any for Rainbow Rowell books.   
 
4) Gayle Forman (Author of - If I Stay and More) 
Again it's another contemporary author, a friend of mine loved this book and I was tempted to read because she seem to just adore it. However I haven't yet so...!
 
5) Laini Taylor (Author of - Daughter of Smoke and Bones Trilogy)
Katytastic over on Booktube sings the praises of this book in many of her videos and many others seem to back her up. Daughter of Smoke and Bones is on my to-buy-list it is just behind quite a few other books.
 
6) George R.R. Martin  (Author of - Game of Thrones)
I love fantasy, high fantasy is one of my favourite genres and I am not often put off a book by the fact it is big (if fact often the bigger the better - more value for money right?) but have you seen the size the size - and number of - these books!? #terrified
 
7) Nicholas Sparks (Author of - The Notebook, The Last Song, Safe Haven and more)
I had The Last Song on my bookcase for years never picked it up and I don't think I will ever read any of his books, I did watch a few of the film adaptations and enjoyed them but I am going to give his books a pass at the moment.
 
8) Jane Austen (Author of - Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park and Northanger Abby) 
I am totally put of by the writing style of these books, they are great stories and I have spent hours of my life watching the BBC TV shows they made based on these books. I have been tempted to read Pride and Prejudice a number of times but I never get past the first page (unless we count Pride + Prejudice + Zombies then I have read a book by Jane Austen, but personally I wouldn't count that).  
 
9)Victoria Schwab (Author of - A Darker Shade of Magic, Vicious, The Archived, New Beginnings, The Near Witch, This Savage Song and More)
I had never heard of Victoria Schwab until I started to watch Booktube last year and many of her books just don't interest me, I have toyed with picking up The Archived a few time but haven't however one of her newest books A Darkest Shade of Magic sounds good and it's been getting some good reviews so might give that one a go. 
 
10)  Patrick Ness (Author of - The Monster Calls, The Knife of Never Letting Go, More Than This, The Crane Wife and The Rest of Us Just Live Here)
I one got The Knife of Never Letting Go from my local library quite a few years ago now and tried to read it but it just didn't grab me so after that I haven't tried another Patrick Ness book. Although the idea of his newest book The Rest of Us Just Live Here is cool (also parts of the book cover glow in the dark, undecided if this is creepy or amazing) but have heard mixed review it so ...hummm!
 

So there we have it, I have confessed, I haven't read the same book a everyone else and some I never plan on reading at all, some I'm just on fence about, other I just need money and time so I finally get around to reading.

Let me know in the comments if you have/haven't read any of these authors.