Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday # 13 - Top Ten Best Books Of 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme
created at
The Broke and the Bookish

So 2016 is coming quickly to an end, so it is time to look back at some of amazing books I have read over the last 12 months. I shall hopefully be doing a more comprehensive bookish review of 2016 once we start the new year. For now let have a look at the books I gave 5 Stars to this year: 

 

Fantasy

 
My 5 Stars Reviews:
 
 
I also gave Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard 5 stars this year but didn't end up writing a review for this book!  Also a quick mention of A Court of Mist and Fury which only got 4.9 stars but I feel a bit mean ignoring such an amazing book.  
 

Contemporary Romance

 
Broken Prince (The Royals #2) by Erin Watt
Twisted Palace (The Royals #3) by Erin Watt  
 

Re-Reads

 (when was just as amazing the second, third or fourth time!)
 
The Elsker Saga (Including Elsker, Endre and Tro) by S.T. Bende
Poker Face (#1) by Jess Sturman-Coombs
An Ember In The Ashes (#1) by Sabaa Tahir
Inferno (Blood for Blood #2) by Catherine Doyle
 
***
 
Predictably quite a few of my 5 Star reads this year have been within the YA Fantasy genre, but can't wait to see some further trends when I write my more in-depth 2016 review later.
 
What have been some of your 5 star reads of 2016? 
 

10 comments:

  1. I loved An Ember in the Ashes and A Torch against the Night, too. They're both amongst my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both such amazing books, I can't wait to read more from Sabaa Tahir! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. An Ember in the Ashes is so good! I'm dying to read A Torch Against the Night! *_*

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get reading! A Torch Against the Night is such an amazing sequel. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Wow, many of the books you've listed sound really good. Happy reading to you in 2017!!

    Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great reading year in 2017 too.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I love your list! I have Rebel of the Sands and Nevernight on my TBR for 2017 and I am so excited to start them soon!

    Talina @ Sassy & Dangerous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great reads, hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Great list! I'm dying to read some of these books! Glad you enjoyed them :)
    Here's my TTT

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh they were all so good, hope you get to read them soon!
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!