Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Book Quotes #2 - February


So although I read more in February than I did in January I have less Quotes to share with you! (I shall let you create some theories as to why - I have no clue!) The two quotes I am going to be sharing come from some of my favourite book I read in February and I highly recommend them.

 

***

1) "You shouldn't have to be in the darkness with me."
"I think the point of being a good friend is being in the darkness. I'll be your light, until you can be it yourself again."


-Page 355
Inferno by Catherine Doyle  
 
I think this is a lovely quote about friendship and being their for others even in the darkest of times.
 
***
 
2) 'nearly every battle people face is in their head.
If you think you can't do something, you won't. If you believe you can, it's only a matter of time before you will.'
 
-Page 17 Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
 
I think this quote rings true as if you aren't motivated to do something because you don't think it's possible you won't try as hard. For example think of a test or exam: if you think you could pass it, you would study hard before hand and turn up on time etc. and maybe even resit if you didn't pass the first time; whereas if you don't believe you are going to pass no matter what amount of time you put into studying then what is the point? Studying would be a waste of time, so you would never succeed in passing!
  
***
 
So there we have February -short- book quotes, do you agree/disagree with either of these quotes. Have you read any great quotes in the books you read in February? Would love to know tell me about them in the comments.  

2 comments:

  1. love these quotes! some of my favorites are
    "light can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" from Harry Potter, and "my life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read" from the infernal devices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that quote from Harry Potter!! I have to admit I haven't read the infernal devices, but they seemed to be a much loved trilogy!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!